Stephen Kruiser: The Mouth Of America

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Maybe this is why Nancy Pelosi needs so many flowers...

Panel Urges End to Incontinence Stigma

Oh, that was a government panel, by the way. And people complain about money being spent to fight terrorism. 

The leader of the NIH panel offered taxpayer funded gems like this: "All of us are walking around with a bag of water and a bag of stool in our pelvis..."

The next time some audience member gives me grief about the way comedians talk on stage I'm going to refer him to Dr. Bag O'Stool over at the NIH. 

Personally, I think it's good that some things carry a stigma. It's what keeps us from having to watch people we aren't attracted to fondle each other in public. We are already too quick to discuss things that would have made our grandparents, well, become incontinent if mentioned. 

I am perfectly OK with voting "Stigma For Life" status when it comes to incontinence. No one needs to be sitting at an Olive Garden and hear, "Frank, I told you there was too much garlic in the marinara, I just crapped myself. I'll be back in a minute; don't order me any coffee!"

Next up for the panel: raising the self esteem of those afflicted with chronic flatulence. 

May I suggest that the NIH get back to work on things that could kill us?