Stephen Kruiser: The Mouth Of America

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Senate To Debate Lieberman-Warner Climate Commie Bill

Heads up kids, the Eco-Stalins are on the march again. My views on this have been mentioned time and again in this blog, most recently here and here

Senators Joe Lieberman (I-Carbon Bogeyman) and John Warner (R-Glad He's Leaving) have sponsored a horrible "cap and trade" scheme that they want to make into law. In keeping with climate hysteria protocol, it's known as the "Climate Security Act".  (Oooh, forget the borders, let's make sure the climate is secure. I'm sleeping better already. Maybe I'm just high on cow fart methane.) The bill has made it to the full committee for whatever kind of debate can really be had on this topic that's based more on emotion than reality (sorry, all you religiously devoted IPCC fans). 

The list of people and groups lining up to point out how much this bill blows is increasing faster than Barry Bonds' hat size. Here's what "cap and trade" schemes that are in place have accomplished thus far: windfall profits for energy companies (if your electric company exceeds the cap and gets fined the only place they know to find money is your pocket-there's no real down side to compliance) and no real effect on carbon emissions. 

The bill does manage to-surprise!- bloat the bureaucracy by creating a federal Carbon Market Efficiency Board. Why don't these guys ever come up with something useful, like a federal NFL Cheerleader Date For Every American Bachelor Board? I might start liking the government then. 

More to follow on this in the coming days. I have to go cook some food for my kid while we can still afford the energy. Then I have to see what I can do to get my carbon footprint big enough to step on some of these people.